Updated 07/30/21 3:00pm
All North Carolinians 16+ years are eligible for the Covid Vaccine on April 7th. Visit myspot.nc.gov
Our office is open for the full range of appointment needs. We are continuously improving our COVID-19 mitigation strategy. With the support and compliance of our patient family, we feel that the Arbor office is one of the safest in the Triangle.
Be aware of our two most important policies:
- Patients ONLY in our office — no children, spouses, partners, or guests without our previously documented authorization.
- Everyone must wear a mask while in our office — no exceptions. Wear your mask over your mouth AND nose. You must bring your own; we do not have enough supplies to provide masks to every patient. Although we will try to maintain safe physical distancing practices, you will unavoidably come into contact with staff members and other patients. Let us all protect one another!
Our Arbor ObGyn patients must be comfortable visiting our office and know that we follow strict sterilization safeguards and standards. The health of our patient and staff is the utmost priority. By taking precautionary measures, it is our goal to maintain the patient’s safety while providing the highest level of care. Some examples are:
- Our care spaces, waiting rooms, restrooms, and door handles are regularly sanitized for your protection.
- All staff members have their temperature screened each workday.
- Plexiglas barriers were erected in our front-office staff, to allow for private-but-safe conversation.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout our office. Use any sink or hand sanitizer you see.
- All visitors will be screened in our triage area with a thermometer. Consider taking your temperature at home too, before you come to our office.
- We have eliminated unnecessary traffic through our office by halting visits from drug representatives, vendors, and catering.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms or you are concerned that you may have been exposed to COVID-19, call the UNC helpline at 888-850-2684 before visiting our office, an urgent care location, hospital, or emergency room. We do not test in our office. Your primary care provider may do testing in their office. Also, the North Carolina COVID-19 information hotline is 866-462-3821, and is for questions about the virus and for testing locations. In general, if you are experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath, we request you call the office to postpone your appointment.
- Contact our office by phone before your appointment if you are feeling ill, have a fever, or have been exposed to a viral illness. Be assured that if any member of our Arbor ObGyn team is ill, they will not be in our office caring for you!
- Our waiting rooms have been modified to allow for maximal physical distancing. Please be respectful of others.
- Patients are RESTRICTED from bringing guests with them to their appointment. This is to reduce the likelihood of unrecognized coronavirus carriers from infecting our staff and other patients, as well as to allow for more physical distancing. Patients arriving with additional persons will be asked to have them wait in their vehicle, or outside the office building. Patients arriving with children will be asked to reschedule. As an exception, you may bring one healthy guest for your first prenatal appointment, and to your 18 week anatomy-ultrasound appointment. If you have a unique circumstance, please call our office ahead of time to inquire. The clinicians must approve any guest, in advance of the appointment.
- Woman’s Health Alliance Mammography (4414 Lake Boone Trail, Raleigh, Suite 309) is open for buisiness. If you get your mammogram at another facility, check with them on scheduling policy.
- In lieu of face-to-face visits, TeleHealth appointments are available for established Arbor patients that still would like to consult about a medical matter with their provider by phone. See the TeleHealth tab at the top of our homepage for additional information. You can select an appointment time, and our staff and providers will contact you by phone at that time. Your health insurance and co-pays will be billed for that appointment at the customary contracted TeleMedicine rate.
UNC REX Healthcare (Hospital)
- Rex Hospital falls under the guidance of UNC Health.
- Women who can show proof of vaccination do not need pre-admission COVID testing.
- Gynecologic Surgery patients (also see the Preparing for Surgery Section of the Arbor ObGyn Surgery webpage): Rex has the ability to accommodate almost all surgeries at this time. There is a screening process to ensure that the patient is healthy enough for surgery during the pandemic. All surgery patients are tested for COVID-19 within a few days prior to the procedure.
- Pregnant Patients (also see the COVID-19 Section of the Arbor ObGyn Obstetrics webpage): The Women’s Center is open and fully staffed for deliveries and postpartum care, and has coronavirus mitigation measures in place. Patients for a scheduled C-Section or Induction will have arrangements for UNC to do COVID-19 testing a few days prior. Women who are admitted due to labor are tested immediately, with results available in a few hours. Your support person is not tested. Keep in mind that guest restrictions are evolving. All patients and support persons will be issued a mask and are required to wear a mask when outside of their room or when anyone else enters their room.
- As of 05/21/2021, the Women’s Center will allow TWO visitors per day. (A doula will count as one). Your two designated support persons will be registered at the security desk.
- You can view UNC Rex Women’s Center up-to-date visitor policy on their website.